Kurdistan Business Enviroment
A liberal investment law providing attractive incentives and guarantees for national and foreign investor.
- The Investment Law was passed in 2006 in order to:
1)Open up ways to sustainably support the development and diversification of the Region’s economy beyond oil and gas.
2)Create a conducive business climate that promotes investment in the Kurdistan Region.
3)Remove legal obstacles and open the way for investment of national and foreign investors.
- Provision of land plots for subsidized lease.
- Provision of public infrastructure (e.g. water, electricity, sewage, public roads) to the project fence.
- Exemption from corporate taxes (10 years).
- Exemption from customs duties for imported raw materials (5 years); additional differentiated customs duty exemptions.
- Full repatriation of profits generated by the project and wages earned by foreign employees.
- Transfer of investment to another foreign or national investor
- Possibility to invest in Kurdistan with or without local partners and to employ foreign labor.